Established in 2001, ENWORKS is an internationally recognised business support programme, helping thousands of businesses across the North West with funded environmental support and training.
ENWORKS helps businesses of all sizes and sectors to improve their environmental performance and reduce their emissions and waste, by using resources such as energy, water and materials more efficiently.
It has saved companies more than £115 million and 543,400 tonnes of CO2e.
In 2011 the service was named NGO of the Year at the BusinessGreen Leaders Awards.
Short videos of businesses ENWORKS has supported – http://www.enworks.com/case-studies
Vector Precision Engineering, Cheshire – http://www.enworks.com/vector-precision
Thornleigh Hotel & Conference Centre, Cumbria – http://www.enworks.com/thorneligh-hotel
Lowry Hotel, Manchester – http://www.enworks.com/Lowry-Hotel
Learoyd Packaging, Burnley – http://www.enworks.com/learoyd-packaging
Pincroft Dyeing & Printing, Lancashire – http://www.enworks.com/pincroft-dyeing
Abbey Roadtanks, Merseyside – http://www.enworks.com/abbey-roadtanks
What is ENWORKS support?
ENWORKS focuses on low and no-cost improvements. Its advisers deliver hands-on support to businesses over the long-term, which can include:
- On-site resource efficiency reviews
- Bespoke software to record/manage/report on improvements
- Ongoing practical help with implementing improvements
- Compressed air leak detection, energy monitoring and thermal imaging surveys
- Fortnightly ‘Green Intelligence’ bulletins and online information services
- Free training and networking events
- Telephone support and advice
Visit our business support website to see
- Reduced operational costs
- Increased profitability
- Improved productivity
- Access to new markets and contracts
- Reduced environmental risk
- Enhanced reputation
ENWORKS is governed by a partnership board and managed by a central management team, which in turn is supported by a range of private and third sector organisations and consultants.
Partner organisations delivering ENWORKS support in the North West:
The service tackles the market failure in business resource efficiency and catalyses the transition to a sustainable, low carbon economy. It helps businesses to convert environmental pressures into competitive advantages.